Any good trainer will always tell you never to miss a leg day. Legs form the base of our body’s strength, and the reverse hack squat is a versatile exercise that leads to both muscle and strength development in the leg.
Reverse Hack Squat Benefits
It is a compound movement that does not merely isolate the hamstrings but becomes a vital strength exercise targeting overall leg development. When performing the exercise, the core is engaged throughout the movement which makes it even more athletic and challenging.
Reverse Hack Squat Quick Information
|Main Muscle Worked||Hamstrings|
|Secondary Muscles Worked||Quadriceps, glutes, and calves|
|Alternative Exercises||Stiff Legged Deadlift|
Video: How to do the Proper Form of a Reverse Hack Squat
How to do Reverse Hack Squat
- Load up the hack machine with the desired amount of weight.
- Position yourself in a way so that the pads support your chest and shoulders.
- Stand with you feet at shoulder width apart and disengage the safety bars of the machine.
- Lower the weight down till your thighs are almost parallel to the floor. Pause for a moment at the bottom position.
- Push the weight up to the starting position.
- Perform for the desired number of reps.
Reverse Hack Squat Tips
- Do not start with this exercise right away. Warm up by doing other leg exercises.
- Do not lock out your knees on the top portion of the movement.
- Avoid using very heavy weight initially. Load your stack up very slowly.