Carrie Marie Underwood is an American songwriter, singer, and actress known for winning the fourth season of American Idol. She became famous after her debut single, Inside Your Heaven, topped the chart at the US Billboard Hot 100 while her debut album, Some Hearts, became the best-selling female debut country album. The 36-year-old country singer has a passion for fitness and is the creator of fitness apparel and accessories line CALIA. For Underwood, exercise is a priority, and her workout regimen is surprisingly so simple that anyone can follow it.
Carrie Underwood Body Measurements
Height: 5’3” (160 cm); Weight: 117 lb
Bust: 32”; Waist: 23”; Hip: 33”
Carrie Underwood Workout Routine
Underwood trains with her trainer Erin Oprea five to six times a week. She likes going for a walk or doing cardio outside when the weather is warmer. If she is jogging, she not just runs through her neighborhood but also lunges up the hills. She even does pull-ups on the monkey bars at the little park in her area. Her workout regimen mostly consists of lunges and squats, with 10-15 minute circuits which can be modified as per her schedule. Aside from these exercises, she also does trail running, Tabata training, and complex circuit training.
Carrie Underwood Workout
- Squat into Lunge (sets: 2-3, reps: 15)
- Cherry Pickers (weight used: 10-25 lb db or kb)
- Skater Hops (rep time: 1 min)
- Lateral Lunge (weight used: 5-15 lb, reps: 15 on each side)
- Bosu Ball Jumps (rep time: 30 sec)
- Pulsing Sumo Squats (reps: 40)
- Stair Squat with Jump (reps: 5)
- Weighted Dumbbell Sumo Squats (sets: 3, reps: 10-15)
- Bridges and Weighted Hip Thrusts (sets: 3-4, reps: 20-25)
- Weighted Squat into Curtsy Lunge (sets: 3 on each leg, reps: 12-15)
- Pull-Ups (sets: 3, reps: 10-15)
- Lateral Raises (sets: 3, reps: 8-10)
- Squat and Press (sets: 3-5, reps: 10-15)
- Plank Rows (sets: 3-4, reps: 6-8)
- Tricep Dips (sets: 2-3, reps: 10-12)
- One-Sided Bicycle Crunch (sets: 2-3, reps: 10-15)
- Straight Up Pulse (reps: 20)
- Leg Raise (sets: 1-2, reps: 15-20)
- Alternating Bicycle Crunch (reps: 15-20)
Carrie Underwood Tabata Workout for Weight Loss
It is a four-minute circuit containing eight rounds of high-intensity exercises each lasting 20 seconds, which is followed by a 10-sec rest.
First Round: 180-Degree Jump Squat
Second Round: Sumo Squat Jumps
Third Round: Downhill Ski Hops
Fourth Round: Jumping Lunge
Repeat the four rounds to complete the circuit.
Carrie Underwood Diet
Carrie has been a vegetarian for years and believes that she looks and feels better without consuming meat. Whether she is at home or busy with her work, she always has fresh and healthy foods. Her pre-performance diet includes lots of fruits and veggies without any bread or starches. Here is what the Some Hearts singer consumes in a day.
- Breakfast: Vanilla smoothie made with banana, berries, almond milk, pea protein powder, and ice
- Morning Snack: Tofu scramble with onions, spinach, peppers, and salsa on top
- Post-Workout Meal: Grapefruit, orange, black coffee
- Lunch: Brown rice, stir-fried veggies including carrots, broccoli, onions, and fake chicken
- Dinner: Veggie burgers